Drawn From Here 2019 Registration
REGISTRATIONS OPEN: Wednesday 1 May 2019
REGISTRATIONS CLOSE: Wednesday 31 July 2019
BOOKS AVAILABLE FOR COLLECTION (OR POSTED): Upon or shortly after registration (will let you know)
BOOKS TO BE RETURNED: Posted by Friday 13 September or delivered by Monday 23 September
EXHIBITION: 28 September - 12 October 2019
OFFICIAL OPENING: 28 September 2019, 7pm
BOOKS TO BE COLLECTED (OR POSTED): Tuesday 15 October 2019
$35 (Includes sketchbook to be collected from Port Macquarie Creative or Sunset Gallery)
$45 (Includes sketchbook to be posted directly to you and returned via post at the end of exhibition)
- Drawn From Here is open to all residents of the Port Macquarie-Hastings region.
- THE SKETCHBOOK
- Each entrant will be given an A5 Derivan Seawhite Sketchbook Eco (150gsm, 32pp). This sketchbook must be used in some way (don't send back a different book) and must remain within its dimensions. You can still pull the book apart and re-sew it, sew or glue in different pages or a different cover, so long as it remains within its dimensions and does not exceed 10cm thick.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- To participate, simply purchase your entry (with or without postage as required) by 31st June 2019 and ensure all details are completed accurately. Your sketchbook will be posted (or available for collection) within the following 2 weeks. (You will be subscribed to a mailing list to keep you up to date). Completed sketchbooks will then need to be posted by Friday 13th September 2019 or delivered to Port Macquarie Creative or Sunset Gallery and Framing by Monday 23rd September. Please inform us ASAP if you decide not to take part in the exhibition for any reason (no refunds are given once books are posted).
- ADMINISTRATION AND MARKETING
- Your entry fee covers the cost of the journal, all exhibition equipment, an article for Focus Magazine, exhibition catalogues, promotional postcards, opening night food and drinks, stationery, printing and sundries, as we all as a small administration fee to contribute to Katherine's time as she manages all administration and marketing. In addition, Katherine will carry out other communications and marketing activities including writing press releases for local newspapers, meeting with appropriate stakeholders, digital and social media marketing and more. We are committed to making this a really great project and exhibition! As the exhibition date gets closer, we will ask you to assist in spreading the word, through activities such as delivering postcards to your local café or friends and family and sharing the event on social media. Please do help with this, as one person can only manage so much. Let's make this an awesome event!
- OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
- If you're on Facebook, you'll be added to a closed group for participants. Here we can share ideas and progress and encourage each other along the way. You are also encouraged to share your progress on Instagram using the hashtag, #DrawnFromHere2019 - Look forward to meeting with you there!
- WORKSHOPS, CLASSES AND ACTIVITIES
- In the survey held at the end of last year's project, some of you asked for relevant classes and activities that might be held between now and when the books are due to be submitted to help you along the way. What a great idea! If you are someone that is interested in teaching such a class, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org - And watch this space!
- We are once again having an open theme, as this is preferred by most participants. However, for those of you interested in some prompts or ideas to guide you, we can do this! I'll post some ideas and possible prompts into our Facebook group.